Monday 10 May 2010


New to our ever growing pool of talented jewellery designers is Clarice Price Thomas. Clarice's latest collection called 'encapsulated' is a collection of jewellery inspired by being able to encapsulate objects to keep forever.............

"Growing up by the beautiful North Norfolk coast has inspired my work, as well as my intrigue with bits and bobs! Ever since I was a little girl, I have always been fascinated with jewellery and now at the age of 19 have started making my own collections. I work from home in my little workshop out in the garage, which is piled high with old cabinets full of things I've collected. These pieces will trigger memories and act as keepsakes. Transparent lockets that tell stories of history and mystery. Reminders of the past for the future. The glass domes, some of which are up to 200 hundred years old would have originally been used for gentlemen’s pocket watches. In this collection they contain handmade vintage lace, old pearl buttons, rusty keys, stamps and shells that have travelled far and wide".

As well as the stunning collection available now at The Red Door, Clarice is also very happy to do commissions. Just ask in store for details.

No comments: