Friday 7 November 2008



A wee while back, in Issue 9 of Scottish art magazine MAP, I stumbled across the drawings of Glaswegian artist Stuart Murray. Having long lost the magazine and forgotten his name, I spent months searching the internet fruitlessly trying to find more of his work. Today, I gave in to the fact that my memory has failed me, and gave MAP a call to hunt him down. Murray's drawings are acute social observations of various Scottish 'characters'. Simple line drawings accompanied by text, his work portrays, with tongue-in-cheek affection, the many faces of the people you may meet in any Scottish pub, or down any Scottish close, or even in any ordinary Scottish office. His books are available at his website, where you are also lucky enough to have a sneak peak through their pages: http://www.stuartmurray.co.uk/page1.html




No comments: